Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What is so special about that?

I went for lunch with a friend the other day to Crown Pub. I generally like it there, even if the seating is a bit weird to me.

Their special was a roast beef sandwich, with some cheese or something on it. Normal choice of side of pub chips, pomme frites, or something else, salad I guess.

I don't really think this is very special. I am suspicious of specials much of the time in restaurants, I think this roast beef is maybe a prime rib special from the weekend. They slice it thin, simmer it in some jus until it is well done and then make it a special. Which is not to say that is terrible, but it is not like they made a special roast for this day's lunch.

So I ordered it anyway, because it sounded good at the time. And it was fine, not dry, came with horseradish sauce on the roll, which I enjoy.

So not special but not horrible. Much better than the last "philly cheese steak" I had in a pub-type place.

Let me know in the comments what specials are actually special around town.

Crown Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment